- Indexes and abstracts more than 9,300 journals with full-text content for more than 5,300. Also indexes/abstracts over 10,000 monographs, reports, and conference proceedings. Highly multidisciplinary, this resource covers social sciences, humanities, computer science, engineering, language and linguistics, arts and literature, medical sciences, and ethnic studies.
Replaces Academic Search Premier.More
- Selectively indexes materials, including more than 125 journals, on Mexican-American topics and about Chicanos from 1967 to the present. Incorporates the Spanish Speaking Mental Health Database, an indexing and abstracting resource covering psychological, sociological, and educational literature. From 1992 on includes the broader Latino experience of Puerto Ricans, Cuban Americans, and Central American immigrants.More
- Education in Video provides education faculty, students, and in-service teachers with nearly 3,800 research-based professional development videos. Searchable by grade level.
**part of "Academic Video Online"
- 1966 to the present
- Provides citations and brief abstracts to a wide range of education related literature including journals, conference proceedings, books, federal and state documents, bibliographies, directories, curriculum guides, instructional resources, and audiovisual media. Includes some links to full text.
- 1965 to the present
- Provides a specialized collection designed for professional educators, covering topics from children's health and development to cutting-edge pedagogical theory and practice. Indexes and abstracts more than 900 titles with full text for over 550 journals. Also contains over 200 educational reports. Title listMore
- Updated regularly. Provides a comprehensive portfolio of statistics for all 50 states. Datasets are broken down into the following categories:
Business and Economics
Contains information on employment, unemployment, industry and occupational wages, occupational projections, construction and real estate (including non-residential vacancy rates), inflation, foreign trade, retail and taxable sales, sales tax rates, gross state product, personal and per capita income, farm income, and airport operating statistics.
Includes a number of "quality of life" measures, such as crime rates, air quality, traffic, population density, and tax rates.
Covers public and private Kindergarten through college schools in Texas. It includes enrollment, test scores, class size, student and teacher demographics, teacher salaries, district finances, and other data. Many of the databases are searchable by zip code.
Energy and Environment
Reports energy generation, sources, consumption, expenditures and prices, gas emissions, wind power capacity, and estimated water usage.
Summarizes federal, state, and local expenditures in Texas. This link includes tax rates, R&D spending, and govenment employment.
Health and Socioeconomic
Covers public assistance programs, such as TANF (welfare), and health care providers, including physicians and others.
Population and Demographics
Contains U.S., Texas, county, and city population estimates, including population estimates by race, ethniticy, and age for most areas. It also includes population projections, border crossing and immigration statistics, and vital statistics.More
- 1800 to the present
- Provides full-text access to international research literature on sport, physical fitness, and physical education topics. Offers comprehensive coverage of literature pertaining to sports, sports medicine, exercise psychology, biomechanics, psychology, training, coaching, and related disciplines. Some journal, thesis, and monograph coverage dates from 1800, with full-text coverage beginning in 1985.More