Art & Art History Databases
- Most recent edition
- Comprehensive art reference resource and excellent starting place for biographies of artists, architects, patrons, collectors, writers and scholars, as well as discussions of art movements, theory, and criticism. Also provides definitions, bibliographies, and encyclopedic entries concerning almost any art-related topic. Coverage includes the fine arts (painting, sculpture, and architecture) and the decorative arts (ceramics, textiles, jewelry, interior design, furniture, glass, metalwork, etc.).
Provides access to Grove Art Online, which includes the full text of the 34-volume Dictionary of Art; The Oxford Companion to Western Art; Encyclopedia of Aesthetics; and The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Art Terms.More
- A large, and growing digital image library - includes hundreds of thousands of high-quality images for teaching and research. The various collections include images of artworks (paintings, sculpture, etc.), photography (both "artistic" and documentary) as well as the built environment (architectural structures and monuments).More
- 1929 to the present.
- Selectively indexes and abstracts articles from more than 600 periodicals, yearbooks, and museum bulletins published throughout the world. Includes indexing of art reproductions from indexed periodicals. Includes full text coverage from more than 270 publications back to January 1997, abstracting as far back as 1984, and indexing as far back as 1929.More
- Provides full image access to a comprehensive archive of over 2,000 scholarly journals, over 200 of which have complete backfiles. Nearly 40 subject areas are represented in the arts, humanities, social sciences, and sciences. New subjects and titles are added regularly. Links to the most recent issues of some journals are available through Project MUSE.More
- 1975 to 2007
- A comprehensive art bibliography, BHA covers European and American art from late antiquity through the early 21st century. Includes the fine arts and decorative and applied arts. Indexes art-related books, conference proceedings and dissertations, exhibition and dealers' catalogs, and articles from more than 1,400 journals. One of its strengths: indexing specialized international publications that are not widely distributed. Incorporates the complete contents of International Repertory of the Literature of Art (RILA) and Repertoire d'Art et d'Archeologie (RAA). Additional content published after 2007 can be found in the International Bibliography of Art (IBA).More
- 2008 to the present
- A comprehensive art bibliography, IBA picks up where the Bibliography of the History of Art (BHA) left off, with content published from 2008 to the present. Covers European and American art from late antiquity through the early 21st century. Includes the fine arts and decorative and applied arts. Indexes art-related books, conference proceedings and dissertations, exhibition and dealers' catalogs, and journal articles. One of its strengths: indexing specialized international publications that are not widely distributed.More
View All >>
- 1960s to the present
- 1973 to the present