Signup For Updates
- Every issue of the L.A. Times(Historical) includes the complete paper-cover-to-cover, with full-page and article images in easily downloadable PDF format.
- LandScan is a global population database that shows geographical distribution of population at one-kilometer resolution over an average 24 hour period and was developed at the Department of Energy's Oak Ridge National Laboratory.
The LandScan algorithm uses spatial data and imagery analysis technologies and the most up-to-date census data within an administrative boundary. Most national censuses count populations by measuring where people sleep (or reside) rather than where they work or travel. LandScan integrates daytime movements and collective travel habits into a single measure to produce a better representation of where people are located during an average day.More
- 1840s through the present
- Consists of an extensive searchable collection of prose, poetry, and drama composed by women writers from 19 countries, including Mexico and countries in both Central and South America. Also included are essays by Latin American feminists and revolutionaries, which address both the universal concerns of women in every age and the distinctive issues of their struggles in the region. Currently features 36 plays and over 28,000 pages of prose. When completed, the collection will contain 300 plays and 100,000 pages of poetry and prose.More
- 19th century to the present
- Contains over 100,000 pages of poetry, fiction, and drama in English and Spanish by hundreds of Chicano, Cuban, Puerto Rican, Dominican, and other Latin authors working in the United States, as well as Chicano folk tales and audio files of selected poems and plays. Nearly 800 of the works are previously unpublished.
- Colonial Times-1960
- Features digitized historical content pertaining to U.S. Hispanic history, literature and culture. Includes more than 1,100 digitized historical books, as well as Hispanic newspapers, political and religious pamphlets, and essays. Documents are primarily from the nineteenth and early twentieth century. Content is 80% Spanish and 20% English and is searchable in both languages.
Arte Publico Hispanic Historical Collection: Series 1More
- Late 19th Century and 20th Century
- The Latino-Hispanic American Experience: Leaders, Writers, and Thinkers: The Arte Publico Hispanic Historical Collection Series 2 Contains a digital collection of historical content pertaining to U.S. Hispanic history, civil rights, religious thought, and growing presence of women writers from the late 19th and 20th centuries. Contains over 250,000 pages of personal and archival manuscript collections, 3000 issues of rare historical newspapers and periodicals, and hundreds of rare books. Content is drawn from the “Recovering the U.S. Hispanic Literary Heritage Project”.
Also called Arte Publico Hispanic Historical Collection Series 2.More
- L’Année philologique is a specialized bibliographic database of scholarly works relating to all aspects of ancient Greek and Roman civilizations, covering a wide array of subjects, including Greek and Latin literature and linguistics—which includes early Christian texts and patristics—Greek and Roman history, art, archaeology, philosophy, religion, mythology, music, science, and scholarly subspecialties such as numismatics, papyrology and epigraphy. Abstracts of journal articles are in English, German, Spanish, French or Italian. Books entries often include tables of contents and book review information.More
- LearningExpress Library™ is a unique, interactive online learning platform that provides patrons with the most comprehensive selection of career-oriented and academic resources available—to help with job preparation, career advancement, career changes, and re-entry into the workforce.
- Dates vary.
- Provides full-text access to over 250 scholarly law journals.
- Provides abstracts and/or full text to nearly 6,000 titles relating primarily to news, business, and legal information. Includes U.S. and foreign newspapers, wire services, government and political news, company profiles and financial reports, industry and market news, federal and state case law, law reviews, accounting and tax information, medical news and abstracts, and state and country profiles.More
- Dates vary.
- Indexes over 100 library and information science periodicals published internationally, as well as selected state library journals, books, conference proceedings, library school theses, and pamphlets. Indexing coverage is from 1984 to the present; full-text coverage is from 1994 to the present.
- 1960s to the present
- Indexes and abstracts over 600 periodicals, as well as books, research reports, and proceedings on topics in library and information science. Also freely accessible at www.libraryresearch.com.
- 1973 to the present
- Covers all aspects of the study of language including phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, and semantics as well as descriptive, historical, comparative, theoretical and geographical linguistics. Over 2,500 journals are selectively indexed/abstracted.
- Contains the online full text of over 350,000 works of poetry, drama, and prose fiction from the seventh century to the present day, including American literature, English literature, and other literature written in English. Includes full-text reference resources, biographical information, and literary criticism from over 130 current literature journals, as well as nearly 900 videos of poets reading poetry and unabridged audio recordings of Shakespeare's 38 plays. Provides access to the literary index Annual Bibliography of English Language and Literature (ABELL), The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Literary Terms, The New Princeton Encyclopedia of Poetry and Poetics, The Faber Poetry Library, King James Bible, and Webster's Third New International Dictionary, Unabridged.More
- Literary Reference Center is a good resource to use when starting your research in literature. It provides a wide range of background information on authors, plot summaries on major works, and literary overviews.More
- This resource combines historical and modern criticism on works of poetry, short stories, and literature (including the Poetry Criticism, Short Story Criticism, and Contemporary Literature Criticism series).
- Rich in biographical, bibliographical, and critical content, Literature Resource Center is an important resource for information on more than 120,000 literary figures searchable by name, title, genre, movement/time period, and theme. Includes significant full text from resources such as Contemporary Authors, Contemporary Literary Criticism Select, Dictionary of Literary Biography, and Merriam-Webster's Encyclopedia of Literature.More
- Local Market Audience Analyst (accessible via SRDS, Internet Explorer browser only)
A market research tool for demographic and segmentation data for 210 Designated Market Areas or counties. Includes reports on market profiles, lifestyle analysis, market potential, demographic concentration, and PRIZM Target Group Concentration.More
Please report any trouble accessing database content.